Teenagers Mysterious Pain Finally Diagnosed as Slipping Rib Syndrome
- Doctors couldn't explain what was going on with 16-year-old Haley's symptoms. They even suggested the shooting ache in her rib, that was a teenager's cry for attention. But the cause of her pain was far from imaginary. It was 100% real. - I started swim lessons when I was about 18 months old.
I started to really take it seriously. I had been a competitive swimmer. It's been about a year and a half ago, I had this really sharp pain on my left side and they just became closer and closer together. - We took her to the doctor. Her doctor thought it was overuse. So, she prescribed a couple weeks of rest, stay outta the pool. She didn't get any better. - I was going from doctor to doctor and nothing was working.
- In one of these doctor's appointments, I actually became quite upset. The doctor was suggesting that this was in her head. - Six months from the time when I got my first pain, I stopped swimming completely. I did not know if I was going to be able to get back in the pool ever again. - [Beth] It was just really hard as a parent to watch your kid be in pain and not be able to do anything about it.
- [Haley] Things that you would think are simple became very hard, like carrying my backpack, using a hair dryer. - I just took her on a walk through the neighborhood. She fell behind me and she's got tears streaming down her face. She said, "I can't breathe." - We made an appointment and the doctor said, "I think it's Slipping Rib." - Beth was on the web searching slipping rib syndrome and she found Doctor McMahon.
- And I pulled up a case study that was on her website and you could've inserted Haley's name. - After a year of pain and confusing doctor's appointments, I finally had hope that there was a treatment for me.
Hey everybody, it's Doctor Jo. My buddy Dave asked me if I could make a video for shoulder exercises for the rotator cuff, but a little more advanced than the ones I already have,…By: AskDoctorJo
The Locations of Body Acne Which Can Reveal Health Problems #1 Zone 13 & 14 Acne on the lower body or buttocks can be caused by underwear that isn't breathable, or some sort of…By: 4 Ever Green
- Doctors couldn't explain what was going on with 16-year-old Haley's symptoms. They even suggested the shooting ache in her rib, that was a teenager's cry for attention.…By: The Doctors