Blakely's Broken Leg
(machine beeping) - [Dad] Blakers, where are we going? - To the doctor to get my cast off. (girl laughs) - [Mom] She won't be doing gymnastics this summer though. Where are we? - At the doctor. - What doctor? - The cast doctor? - The cast doctor? Do you have a cast? - No, not yet. - Oh, not yet? We're gonna get rid of this old thing? - Mmm-Hmmm.
- Okay, what color are you gonna get? - Purple. (woman gasps) - Purple? I love purple. - And pink. - Alright. (keys jangling) I'll see ya in there. - Okay. - You're gonna do the brakes, okay.
You're ready? - Yes. - Here we go. - Good. Hi, Dada. (girl gasps) (elevator bell chimes) - [Man 1] Purple? - [Woman 1] The one on the bottom? - Do you want glitter on it? (woman gasps) - Yes, please. - What kind of question is that? - Okay, so basically what we're doing is we're just taking the Ace straps off and then securing it with a cast.
- Yeah. - So right now we have-- - When you take the Ace off, is there anything on there? - There should be cotton there. - Cotton. - Yeah, the splint underneath it. (inaudible) So it allows for swelling to come out on top. - Like this? - So now... Yes, see the cotton? - Oh, yeah.
- So what this will do differently to what she's got now is, she's got support posterior and on each side and now she's gonna have on all four directions. - Okay. (girl sings) - [Man 2] I might have to ask you to help me, Dad. (woman laughs) (inaudible) - Will it stay on? - Hmmm? - Will it stick on? - Yeah, that's good. You can relax that way. I want you to be relaxed as possible, okay? (paper rustling) And in a minute, I'm gonna have Dad help me lift your leg up so I can wrap around and around like that, okay? - It's here, okay? - That's the goal. First we're gonna get all this..
- Wow, we never knew what was under there, did we Blakers? - Well, I did. - You did? - I kept looking-- - Okay, now, so you can keep this. - Alright. Just for a rainy day. Or maybe you won't have to use it at all.
- Hopefully not. - Oh, so that, you're not even... You just put more on it? - Yeah, we're not moving nothing. I'm satisfied with the way everything is holding, so it's just basically to tighten everything up.
(Mom and Blakely whispering) - This will close in a sec. - Feels like somebody is rubbing me. - You look like a mummy. (man laughs) - You do look like a little mummy. - Mummy leg. (inaudible) - So Dad, I want you to put those on. - It's gonna be big.
(girl giggles) Something rolled off over here, okay? - I know. (girl giggles) One, two, three. (girl giggles) - I'm ready. - Yeah, blue. (girl giggles) - Please get to hair and makeup real quick. (girl laughs) - You just gotta know how to laugh. - Alright, Miss Blakely.
- Oh, there it is. - Here we go. - Purple. So daddy's gonna lift your leg up. - You just sit still, okay? - Okay, wherever you... I'll make adjustments however you lift up, Dad.
I'll start up here since you're holding that way. (girl mumbling) - Are you excited? Oh, it's beautiful, and purple is my favorite color, too. Ah, wow.
That is so cool. - So, Miss Blakely, you might feel it get a little warm. It won't hurt you, it's just setting up. Making the cast, but it gets warm.
- Feel it tickle me. - It's tickling? - Hmm-Mmm. - Okay. - Are you ticklish? - Yes.
- Oh. - So we know where to tickle. - That's really getting hard, right? Look at that.
Alright, can I switch down here? - Mmm-Hmm. - Wow, Blakers. How long does it take for it to set? - About five, ten minutes. And seeing that we already got everything in place, it's just a over-wrap. - Yeah. So it'll be a good bit heavier, it looks like. - Yeah, maybe I could stop right there.
I don't have to use... - It does feel heavier. Glitter! - Is that the glitter? - That's the glitter.
- Oh, goodness. (woman laughs) Who knew we could get glitter. (girl mumbles) It's like an art project, Blakely. It's starting to lighten up a little bit. You're gonna have gold sparkles. What do you think, Joey? Are you gonna like gold sparkles? (inaudible) You like it? What do you think? (woman laughs) - Just like I said we'll have you back... Don't forget that.
- Sure. - Sparkly, sparkles. - Can you rub this part? - Some of them are just gonna be in little clumps. What do you think, Blakely? You like the sparkles? - Uh-Huh. - That makes it kind of fancy, huh? - Hmm-Mmm. - Is that hard yet? - Knock... Hey, it is hard here.
How does it get hard here? - Just when it dries. Leave it alone, let it set 'cause when it dries, it gets hard. - Awesome. (woman laughs) - Wow.
Give me a thumbs up, Blakers. We got sparkles. - Yay! - Alright, Dad, so listen-- - Blakers, what do you think? - Awesome. - You're going to have to keep that baby dry, too.
Is it hard? I'll tap up here. - Because it... - Wow.
- It hurts my knuckles when I knock like this. - It's really hard, isn't it? - [Woman 2] Stay real still for me, okay? - Oh, you wanna get one of those? - Thank you. - Yep, y'all take care.
(woman laughs) - Thanks. - Bye, guys. - Bye. - Here, I'll hold it. Wait to eat it in the car, so you don't have to drive... - Are you crashing into the wall? - No.
(girl giggles) - Good? - Uh-Huh. - Got it? Let's go this way. Strong girl-- (inaudible) - Hello, daddy. (upbeat diner music) - How is it? - Good. This is an awesome day.
Hi, I'm James Clayton. I'm an Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Surgeon here. I come from a sporting background myself and certainly I always wanted to do medicine since I was a school…By: SPORTSMED·SA Stepney Healthcare Hub
Hi, my name's Samuel Adams and I'm a Foot and Ankle surgeon at Duke. One of the reasons I went into foot and ankle surgery, because I can treat adults and children, people with…By: Duke Health
Hi. Today I want to talk about a problem that can cause a lot of pain but doesn't seem that big right off the top, and that is Little Toe Pain or often called Pinky Toe Pain. So…By: Foot & Ankle Center of Washington
You know, at some point in time, most of us are going to incur some type of sprain or strained injury to our bodies. Hi, I'm Captain Joe Bruni, and what we're going to discuss…By: EHow
IF ONLY THERE WAS ANOTHER WAY! Whattup shorties, short Jules here for a DNews short. I am five-foot-eight, which is below the average height for an adult American male, roughly five-foot-nine-and-a-half.…By: Seeker