Ashwagandha a natural treatment for OCD #mentalhealth

Author: The Mental Health Herbalist

- So OCD is a very stressful mental health issue, affects many people and the commonly prescribed SSRI's, the typical anti-depressants, which aren't always very effective. A new study published in The Journal of Complimentary Therapy Medicine has found results in the use of ashwagandha in the treatment of people with OCD, obsessive compulsive disorder. OCD is characterised by obsessive, intrusive, compulsive thinking. Thinking that takes over control of our lives, that can prevent us from going outside, prevents us from engaging social situations, can lead to all sorts of crazy rituals if you know the film with Jack Nicholson, As Good as It Gets, it characterises a character who has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, he doesn't want to leave the house and results in some funny things attached to that, but OCD is a very stressful and disabilitating condition that affects a lot of people. It prevents them from either going to work, engaging in normal social situations, it's damaging in relationships, can lead to other forms of addiction, mental health stress in times of anxiety and insomnia, so if you have OCD, you know what it's like, you know how it takes over, and you are always looking for help, and the most common form of help is SSRI's, it's what's prescribed by your medical doctor. 60% of patients who are prescribed SSRI's for OCD do not respond at all, so that only leaves you with 40% who get some form of relief from SSRI's, but we know that there are many side effects with these drugs and these are the side effects in herbal medicine we want you to avoid, so the study, which was based on a group of people that were already in treatment for OCD on being prescribed SSRI's already and on top of that, they were used or given ashwagandha and the study found that those who were given ashwagandha in treatment for SSRI's, found extra benefits and reduced overall symptoms from the OCD. Ashwagandha is a herb with a long history and tradition in Ayurvedic medicine, the medicine that was found in India. It's a system of holistic medicine that uses herb's natural healing to restore vitality and health and in this case, ashwagandha is traditionally known as a herb that can rejuvenate and revitalise your whole system, but has special effects on the mental health system, the nervous system, helping to treat all sorts of nervous disorders, from depression to OCD to anxiety and to stress.

Ashwagandha has anti-depressant actions due to it's alkalides. It has these very powerful alkalides that have that anti-depressant effect on the nervous system. Ashwagandha is a great herb you need to get to know if you want an alternative and natural treatment for OCD and other nervous disorders. So I hope this video was beneficial to you if you're suffering from OCD.

If you know anybody suffering from OCD, maybe you can talk to them and talk to herbalists and look in exploring ashwagandha along with a range of other herbs that can be used to treat your mental health and I have a series of 30 videos that I did over the month of August, covering a range of different herbs for betterment of health, but I've hope you've enjoyed this video and my channel is "The Mental Health Herbalist," bringing you the best of herbs for your mental health, so if you've enjoyed this video, give it a like, share, and a comment, tell me what you think in the comments below, and I look forward to engaging with you there and I'll see you in a video very soon. Take care, bye-bye.

Ashwagandha a natural treatment for OCD #mentalhealth

Ashwagandha a natural treatment for OCD #mentalhealth

- So OCD is a very stressful mental health issue, affects many people and the commonly prescribed SSRI's, the typical anti-depressants, which aren't always very effective. A…

By: The Mental Health Herbalist